Haven’t been to Ibiza yet ?! – This is why you probably should. Check out my personal Ibiza Must Do List.
People think Ibiza is only “party all day and all night”. But the truth is that except these rave summer months, Ibiza is a natural paradise all year around. For me, May or September (sometimes even October) are the coolest months to visit, cause the weather is still summer-like and the crowds are not there anymore (or not there yet). One way or another, Ibiza is an amazing place to visit.
Most of the places were suggested to me by a local friend.
So, what shouldn’t you miss?
1. Discover Dalt Villa / The old city of Ibiza
Every time I visit Ibiza I just can´t help but have a walk through one of its most famous landmarks – Dalt Villa. From the top, you could also enjoy some views across Ibiza town, but my favorite part is definitely walking through Dalt Villa´s old narrow streets and exploring the neighborhood – gift shops, hidden courtyards, and local architecture.
Also read: Where to find lavender fields in Spain?
2. Las Dalias /A Hippie Market near Sant Carles de Peralta
It´s a pretty place to wander around or even to shop for some boho jewelry. I couldn´t resist myself and bought pink sunglasses. Although a local friend warned me that this market was quite touristic and as everything “for the tourists” overpriced. I still really liked the place and its hippy-boho-vibe.
3. Sant Antonio /Watch the sunset from the famous Cafe de Mar
Cafe del Mar is, for sure, one of the most famous places to enjoy Ibiza sunsets, however, it ended up not being my favorite one. But, yes – they say it is a must stop on the island.
4. Try “Bullit de Peix” by the seaside
One of the places suggested to me by a local friend – a very small local restaurant by the seaside. Bullit de Peix is a must try dish of Ibiza´s cuisine, sort of a mix of cut fish, seafood and vegetables (mostly potatoes).
5. Illa es Vedra / The most beautiful sunset ever
Ibiza is one of the most beautiful places in this world to chase sunsets. Es Vedra definitely must be your first stop if “sunset” is your favorite color. You can get the best views from Torre de Savinar or Sa Pedra (near Cala D´ort). And if that would not be enough for you – check also Cala Comte and Cala Benirras. My dream is to rent a boat next time I visit and literally blend into the Ibiza´s magical sunset…
6. Ses Salines / Clouds reflection
These salt flats have been in use for more than 2000 years and if you are lucky with the weather – clouds reflection on the water is simply stunning! The most beautiful symmetry is the symmetry of Earth, right?!
7. The Paradise Beaches
Beaches – that´s what Ibiza is famous for, right? My favorites:
- Cala Comte
- Cala Bassa
- Cala Salada
- Cala Xarraca
- Cala d´en Serra
- Platja de ses Salines.
- Try the typical dessert “Flao” and Ibiza´s herbal liquor
- Based on a suggestion from a local friend and our own experiences, the restaurants we loved: Sa Caleta, Es boldado, La escollera, El Bigotes, Can Gat, La paloma, S´espartar, Ecocentro (p.s. fine dining in Ibiza is generally expensive) Bars for “tapas”: Bar Can Costa, Bar Anita, Bar San Juan
- Car rental: most companies will charge you a significant deposit, as a guarantee. Make sure you book your car in advance for all of your stay, otherwise, they make you pay much more for each extra day
Also read: Must-See Magical Forests in Spain
Have you ever been to Ibiza? Would you like to visit?
Join my e-mail list and get exclusive weekly updates and travel tips straight to your inbox.
*Your e-mail address is safe with me and you can unsubscribe at any time.