Have you ever lived a surreal-pinch-yourself moment?! Something so special you know it will be placed into your memory box forever. Something so epic you know you´ll have a hard time forgetting. Something that has become a part of your heartbeat ever since…
The Most Magical Moment: Sunset
Also read: Must-See Magical Forests in Spain
Every time I try to remember a magical moment in my life – sunset is the first word that pops up into my mind! No matter how bad your day was or whatever happened in your life lately, – the shades of pink and orange that accompany the end of the day make us all feel good about this universe and our simple existence for a while.
Witnessing sunset brings you into the present and leaves you in this unique moment of joy and silence. You slow down your perception, let go off your emotions and just feel grateful this world is full of beauty. Nature fuels our energy better than any cup of coffee ever would.
Inspiring, Spiritual or Healing?
There is something extremely inspiring and spiritual about the sunsets, even healing at times. This bright and warm glow is slowly fading into the new day when the sun sets underneath the horizon… As Kristen Butler said: “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.”
The best thing is that you can never spot two equal sunset – just like you can´t step into the same river twice, cause the waters are constantly flowing on. It reminds me of the unique duality of our lives – day and night, light and dark, music and silence, happiness and sorrow, life and death. The sunset means the end of the old and the following beginning of the new.
Also read: Autumn in the Big Apple – New York Mood
Nothing like witnessing a sunset by the seaside, right?! When the sun rays break the sky and the water catches their reflection. You slowly realize that you will never be looking at the same sunset again. But this moment will probably stay with you forever. Do you agree that in the end, we don´t remember days and we actually remember moments ?!
Let´s indulge ourselves in those picturesque views of sunsets around the world. Sunset is definitely my favorite color, what about you?!
My Most Beautiful Sunsets Around The World
1. Ibiza, Spain
The current king of sunsets in my life – Es Vedra, Ibiza. It´s really hard to imagine a sunset as beautiful as this one. Additionally, it was also the most romantic one in my life, as Ibiza was one of our first trips with my husband, as a married couple.
2. Mykonos, Greece
This photo was taken from a taxi on our way to the airport. I´ve told you that I have an ongoing love story with the Greek Islands. I guess it was their way of showing me that the feeling was mutual.
3. Queenstown, New Zealand
New Zealand holds a special place in my heart. In two weeks that I spent there, I have experienced all kinds of mesmerizing sunsets. However, there is one town that absolutely took my breath away – Queenstown. Besides being a perfect travel destination for all kinds of adventurers, it also has those picture-perfect kinds of sunsets. I mean, just look at those colors!
Iceland is one of the most beautiful countries I´ve ever been to – the numerous photos of Icelandic sunsets could make their way into a separate post one day. But for now, I´m revealing only the highlights. You know those elf legends surrounding Iceland. When you experience the magic of their nature, you kind of start believing in elves and everything else. Cause how all this is even possible in real life?!
5. New York, USA
Like I´ve said in my post about Elche, the largest palm grove in Europe: Palms do make every place look more beautiful. That´s already a fact for me, and Thailand was no exception.
7. San Francisco, USA
I´ll try to be brief here, cause you know from my San Francisco post I can talk about the Bay city for a while once I start. The SF sunset was not the most colorful one in my life, but it was so warm and serene. Plus I got photobombed by a local bird.
8. Benicassim, Spain
There is no place like home. The Spanish province of Castellon has been my home for more than 8 years and I´ve already lost counts of all the sunsets I´ve seen in Benicassim. All colors of the rainbow have come into my life through this single place.
9. Lake Maggiore, Italy
No list of experiences could be complete without something Italian. Despite my ultimate nightmare in Cinque Terre, I´m still over the moon when I get a chance to visit Italy, especially its gorgeous lakes. As Mark Twain says: “The Creator made Italy from designs of Michelangelo.” Can I get an argument from you on that?!!
10. Huesca, Spain
Sunsets and mountains. This was the first weekend getaway with two babies and I´ve already mentioned how refreshing and energizing it felt. In Huesca, I´ve come across an article claiming the connection between natural elements and our mood. According to it, mountain escape is the best thing to find inspiration for new ambitious projects. Do you believe that we crave for different vacations depending on our mood?
11. Paphos, Cyprus
The last sun rays breaking the sky, through the fields by the seaside – Pafos, Cyprus. This picture was captured by accident. This was the moment when I´ve set Anne Frank´s quote for my Twitter account: “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.”
12. Antalya, Turkey
This picture was taken on the beach of our hotel in Antalya, Turkey. It was one of my last family trips with mom, dad, and sister before I moved to study abroad. I didn´t know back then that next time we´d meet up for a vacation all together, I´d already be accompanied by my future husband. I mean, that´s a good thing when you meet your significant other. But back then I´d laugh into the face of the first person saying I could even possibly get married before 30. This picture is always a reminder to me of how things might just change in a day, how unpredictable our life is. As John Lennon said: “Life is what happens, while you´re busy making other plans”.
13. Oslo, Norway
One of my favorite European capitals. Oslo is unique in everything, even in its sunset colors.
14. Lucerne, Switzerland
Ever since I´ve experienced the Fairytale Swiss Christmas, Switzerland has been one of my favorite travel destinations. Our first relationship anniversary with my husband, we spent having a romantic dinner at Lucerne Lake. Isn´t this view just perfect?!
Inspiring Sunset Quotes
- ‘When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in the worship of the creator.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Dusk is just an illusion because the sun is either above the horizon or below it. And that means that day and night are linked in a way that few things are there cannot be one without the other yet they cannot exist at the same time. How would it feel I remember wondering to be always together yet forever apart?”- Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook
- “There’s a sunrise and a sunset every single day, and they’re absolutely free. Don’t miss so many of them.”
– Jo Walton
- “Never waste any amount of time doing anything important when there is a sunset outside that you should be sitting under!”- C. JoyBell C.
- “Age is irrelevant. Ask me how many sunsets I’ve seen, hearts I’ve loved, trips I’ve taken, or concerts I’ve been too. That’s how old I am.” – Joëlle
- “It’s almost impossible to watch a sunset and not dream.” – Bern Williams
- “Sunsets are proof that no matter what happens, every day can end beautifully.”- Kristen Butler
- Accommodation: For short stays, I usually book via Agoda, Booking, and Hotellook
- Tours&excursions: My favorites for guided tours are GetYourGuide and Viator
- City breaks&sightseeing: Go City helps to avoid multiple entry fees and paper tickets
- Travel Insurance: find the best trip insurance plans via VisitorsCoverage, EKTA, and Insubuy
- Flights: To find the best deals I like WayAway and Aviasales
- Airport Lounge: Get independent airport lounge access worldwide via Priority Pass
- Train&bus tickets: Currently, I book via RailEurope, Omio, and Busbud
- Car rental: To find the best deals I use Rental Cars, Discover Cars, and GetRentalCar
- Transfers: For individual transfer services I like Kiwitaxi
- For Foodies: Eatwith is great for finding culinary experiences with locals
- Cruise Reviews: To find the best cruise offer I check out Cruise Critic
- Suitcases&Luggage: To eliminate problems of early arrivals/late departures I find helpful Radical Storage
- Compensation for delayed/canceled flights: AirHelp is useful for all flight cancellation or delay claims
- To avoid roaming fees I use Airalo eSIMs around the world
- Budget-friendly stays: Check Hostelworld to find the best deals around the world
- Events: To find the best offers I use Ticketmaster and TicketNetwork
- Renting Bikes: to find motorcycles, scooters, quads, and bicycles I use BikesBooking
- Package Tours: head to CheapOair, Expedia UK, Tourhub, and loveholidays
- For Bloggers: To monetize my blog I use Travelpayouts