The Spanish Province of Asturias is one of my
However, if I were you – I´d definitely start exploring the region with these top 6 most beautiful villages in Asturias.
- This post contains affiliate links from which I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). For more info, please read my disclosure. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Asturias: Spain´s Best-Kept Secret
Asturias is often called Spain´s best-kept secret! Green forests, beautiful valleys, stunning coastline, charming little villages… and more hidden gems you won´t find in a tourist guidebook.
That´s the best thing about the lesser-known destinations: visiting somewhere that
Also read: An Oasis of Greenery – Lagunas De Ruidera
The weather is the only thing that might get in your way. In Asturias, it rains quite often (even in summer). You should always have a good jacket with you.
During our trip to Northern Spain, we´ve spent 4 days driving around and exploring Asturias. Sometimes we were lucky with the
But that´s a part of any travel experience, isn´t it? Things don´t always go as planned, routes evolve and destinations change. Despite the weather constantly messing up with us, we were still able to visit some of the most amazing beaches before we got to the rural little towns. These have completely stolen my heart.
The Most Beautiful Villages in Asturias
Cudillero is often called the most picturesque fishing village on the Asturian coast. And here I couldn´t agree more – it is definitely my
Also read: The Most Beautiful Villages in Teruel, Spain
Colorful houses, tiny streets, and great seafood restaurants – Cudillero has it all. In order to get some nice panoramic views and explore the city, I had no choice but to walk upstairs and downstairs all the time: the next day I could feel every muscle in my legs. But it was definitely worth it.
Cudillero is, for sure, one of the most
A wonderful little village, full of white houses and this traditional marine charm Northern Spain is famous for. It looked even more beautiful as we´ve finally spotted the sun (even though it was for 30 min) after 4 rainy days in Asturias.
Compared to the other coastal towns in Asturias, Llanes appeared to
Considered one of the most beautiful villages in Spain, Lastres is another traditional fisherman´s village, which has recently turned into an ultimate touristic destination. Don´t miss the views from the Mirador de San Roque, you could even spot the Picos de Europa National Park in the background. And keep in mind, Lastres is also all about walking upstairs & downstairs.
This hidden pearl is located in the bay formed by the estuary of the Sella river. Ribadesella has a long promenade – a great place to grab a coffee and breathe in the ocean. You could also find several scenic viewpoints. Nearby beaches surrounded by steep cliffs reminded me of Iceland.
Near Ribadesella, you can find a very peculiar cave – Cuevona of Cuevas del Agua. It can be traversed on foot or by car and it provides access to the small town of the same name.
6.Cangas de Onis
Located near the Picos de Europa National Park, Cangas de Onis is most famous for its Roman Bridge with “Cruz de la Victoria” in the middle. However, it is also a great place to shop for a traditional delicatessen or, if you like meat, to enjoy an amazing steak in one of the local restaurants.
This area is famous for cattle farming, so drive carefully (especially when heading towards the Lakes of Covadonga) cause cows literally jump to the road.
- Accommodation: For short stays I usually book via Agoda or Booking
- Tours&excursions: My favorites for guided tours are GetYourGuide and Viator
- City breaks&sightseeing: Go City helps to avoid multiple entry fees and paper tickets
- Flights: To find for the best deals I like WayAway
- Train&bus tickets: Currently, I book via RailEurope, Omio, and Busbud
- Car rental: To find best deals I use Rental Cars
- Transfers: For individual transfer services I like Kiwitaxi
- Cruise Reviews: To find the best cruise offer I check out Cruise Critic
- Suitcases&Luggage: To eliminate problems of early arrivals/late departures I find helpful Radical Storage
- Compensation for delayed/cancelled flights: AirHelp is really useful for all flight cancellation or delay claims
- For Bloggers: To monetize my blog I use Travelpayouts