Let´s check these Wanderlust quotes that will inspire you to travel the world! Traveling is the most life-changing, transforming, and eye-opening experience ever. Lived abroad? Traveled a lot? Made friends all over the world? Experienced different cultures? Learned foreign languages? – Are you still the same after all? – I doubt it…
- This post contains affiliate links from which I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). For more info, please read my disclosure. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Top Wanderlust quotes that inspire to see the world
Traveling is one of the best ways to lose yourself in our world´s unmatched beauty and find yourself at the same time. Setting off for a new adventure is the only way to open your mind and heart to the world. If you´re looking for more inspiration to start chasing your travel bucket list – check out this collection of wanderlust quotes that will inspire you to see the world.
Let´s face it – our daily routine is our bubble (unless you´re a full-time solo traveler). We all have a certain circle of friends/family/colleagues. We watch TV, read books, check daily newspapers – but it´s all a momentary escape. Each of us rarely becomes a part of any outside story for a long while.
Only through traveling we get to know life, the one that exists outside of our bubble, the one that starts where our comfort zone ends. It´s funny, but being on the road often ends up telling you more about YOU, than it does about everything else you encounter on your way.
Seeing life on the other side of the world often makes you realize that things you were so worried about, like who you date, what you wear, and where you work, might be insignificant on a global scale. Especially when you compare them to the fact that in some places kids don´t get to go to school, women have no right to self-express and men work for a piece of bread. The world is big and our own story is only a small part of it. Much smaller than our own ego believes.
We are all different, and yet we´re all the same…
People across the globe dream and fall in love. While it is true that we are the products of our societies and traditions, our religion, nationality, and skin color don’t make us any less human. They don´t make us good or bad people, but rather people with different backgrounds. This definitely brings colors to our world.
Nevertheless, it´s our choices, views, and attitudes that really define us. We all have much more in common than we think. And before becoming a Muslim, a Hindu, or a Christian – let´s become a human first.
Some people and places stay with us forever, even when we leave them. I constantly get surprised by situations when I´ve known someone for all my life and they had a lesser impact on me than others who I barely spent a week with. Do you? – Time does not always pinpoint our soulmates. It´s our vision of the world that brings us together or pushes us apart. A minute might be enough to notice this special person and a whole life could not be enough to learn everything about each other.
Therefore, our true home is not an actual location on the map, but a place where our loved ones are.
It is unbelievable how you can grow up in different countries with opposite traditions and beliefs and just click with someone on the other side of the world. It is my favorite part about traveling: loving and knowing people from different places when friendships have no boundaries.
Since my first international trip, the brightest experiences in my life for some reason were always expat experiences. Even when I was living somewhere for just a month – I simply was not the same person afterward.
Over these last few years, I lived in London for my business studies, in Hong Kong for my internship, and in Berlin for my German language course. I crossed continents and oceans in search of once-in-a-lifetime experiences. However, every time I look back at my past journeys, I come to a surprising conclusion that I was a slightly different person in each one of the places I visited.
What´s the reason behind this internal change? – The people we meet, the challenges we overcome or it´s simply how we grow through life… Anyway, I love looking back on all these stages of my life and missing ¨the little me¨, someone who I once was.
Have you also noticed that cities have their own personalities: unique vibes, people, expressions, lifestyles, and stories? – I´ve already told you my thoughts on this in my San Francisco post.
Two cities within the same country could be completely different. At the same time, two random towns located miles away from each other can have millions of things in common. Citizens, traditions, religions, cultures, climates, time zones – every place on this planet has its unique vibes. Let´s leave no stone unturned. Traveling is the ultimate way to keep falling in love forever.
Where is my true home? – Is it the place of my birth, the one I am living now, or the one that simply feels like home? Could you become a part of the heartbeat in more than one place?
If you never traveled or lived abroad – the answer might pop up easily in your mind. Home is home. But what if you´ve left a piece of your heart in different places – does it make them your home as well?!
For me it absolutely does. This is why when people ask me where I´m from, I feel like the answer is not telling them anything real about me. They normally mean my nationality or my place of birth – but millions of things have happened to me since I started globetrotting and seeing the world. A place of birth is the smallest part of my life story.
The more I find a home in a thousand strange places, the more I feel like a stranger in my own land, and the more I can describe myself as a citizen of the World.
There´s no list of wanderlust quotes without Mark Twain. Do you also tend to overthink stuff? When I´m having doubts about something, I always ask myself “Will it still be important in 20 years?” 90% of my daily problems won´t. Life is already happening, now is the time to live it up.
The world is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our feelings to grow sharper. No time for doubts and regrets. Dream big, explore the world, experience new cultures, learn new things, discover new places, love with no regrets, let go of your fears, smile and laugh more, meet new people…
More Wanderlust quotes
In case you haven´t had enough brain food with my favorite Wanderlust quotes, I leave you more to chew on.
- “Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” – Andre Gide
- “We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.” – Anais Nin
- “Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” – Dalai Lama
- “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
- “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
- “Never let your memories be greater than your dreams.” – Douglas Ivester
- “Not all those who wander are lost.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart.” – Confucius
- “We travel for romance, we travel for architecture, and we travel to be lost.” – Ray Bradbury
- “Travel isn’t always pretty. It isn’t always comfortable. Sometimes it hurts, it even breaks your heart. But that’s okay. The journey changes you; it should change you. It leaves marks on your memory, on your consciousness, on your heart, and on your body. You take something with you. Hopefully, you leave something good behind.” – Anthony Bourdain
- “The best dreams happen when you’re awake.” – Cherie Gilderbloom
- “If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine, it is lethal.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
- “Travel far enough, you meet yourself.” – David Mitchell
- “When overseas you learn more about your own country than you do the place you’re visiting.” – Clint Borgen
- “A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
- “Investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” – Matthew Karsten
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “The life you have led doesn’t need to be the only life you have.” – Anna Quindlen
- “The gladdest moment in human life, methinks, is a departure into unknown lands.” – Richard Burton
- “I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark
- “Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.” – Asian Proverb
- “Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller
- “One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.” – Henry Miller
- “Life is short and the world is wide, the sooner you start exploring it, the better.” – Simon Raven
- “Wherever you go, go with all your heart!” – Confucius
For more travel inspiration from home check my Pinterest board Travel books and movies.
- Accommodation: For short stays, I usually book via Agoda, Booking, and Hotellook
- Tours&excursions: My favorites for guided tours are GetYourGuide and Viator
- City breaks&sightseeing: Go City helps to avoid multiple entry fees and paper tickets
- Travel Insurance: find the best trip insurance plans via VisitorsCoverage, EKTA, and Insubuy
- Flights: To find the best deals I like WayAway and Aviasales
- Airport Lounge: Get independent airport lounge access worldwide via Priority Pass
- Train&bus tickets: Currently, I book via RailEurope, Omio, and Busbud
- Car rental: To find the best deals I use Rental Cars, Discover Cars, and GetRentalCar
- Transfers: For individual transfer services I like Kiwitaxi
- For Foodies: Eatwith is great for finding culinary experiences with locals
- Cruise Reviews: To find the best cruise offer I check out Cruise Critic
- Suitcases&Luggage: To eliminate problems of early arrivals/late departures I find helpful Radical Storage
- Compensation for delayed/canceled flights: AirHelp is useful for all flight cancellation or delay claims
- To avoid roaming fees I use Airalo eSIMs around the world
- Budget-friendly stays: Check Hostelworld to find the best deals around the world
- Events: To find the best offers I use Ticketmaster and TicketNetwork
- Renting Bikes: to find motorcycles, scooters, quads, and bicycles I use BikesBooking
- Package Tours: head to CheapOair, Expedia UK, Tourhub, and loveholidays
- For Bloggers: To monetize my blog I use Travelpayouts