As an avid reader and a hopeless romantic, I cannot resist a beautiful love story. Moreover, my passion for traveling and exploring other cultures adds a twist to my reading tastes: it makes me read more international authors. French, Russian, British … we all might come from completely different backgrounds, born and bred in different religious and social context, follow diverse traditions…
But people around the world still dream, fall in love, search for happiness. Love is a universal language. We are so different and yet exactly the same.
I’ve tried to put together a brief list of love novels that I enjoyed the most. Do you have your own favorites?! Any suggestions are appreciated!
Favorite Love Stories
- “The little lady of the big house” by Jack London
- “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austin
- “Heaven has no favorites” by Erich Maria Remarque
- “The Autobiography Of A Turkish Girl” by Resat Nuri Güntekin
- “Anna Karenina” by Leo Tolstoy
- “The Gadfly” Ethel Lilian Voynich
- “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte