Valencia is one of the most unique Spanish cities. But its surroundings are full of hidden gems that you can easily explore via unique day tours from Valencia. Check this ultimate list of top Valencia day tours!
- This post contains affiliate links from which I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). For more info, please read my disclosure. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Planning a Trip to Valencia
If you want to enjoy your vacation in Valencia to the fullest, escaping the city buzz via unique Valencia day tours is a must-do. In the company of a local guide, it is always more fun to explore hidden gems and secret locations. Plus, when all the planning for a day is taken care of, you can simply enjoy your laid-back holiday on the Mediterranean coast.
Valencia Travel Tips
To learn more about all the unique places in province of Valencia check these travel stories: One Day in Valencia, How to Spend An Epic Week in Valencia, The Best Day Trips From Valencia, Valencia With Kids, How to Spend an Epic Week in Valencia, Breakfast in Valencia: Cute Cafes You´ll Love, Spanish Eating Habits: Almuerzo in Valencia, Valencia Day Trip to Manises, Valencia Hidden Gems Blog Series, The Coolest Hikes near Valencia, Beautiful villages of Valencia – Bocairente, Top Valencia Day Trips by train, An Ultimate 7-day Valencia Road Trip Itinerary, Unique Valencia Gifts to Get Right Now, Hiking to Penyagolosa: one of the Highest Peaks of Valencia, and The Borgia Sights in Valencia.
Best Day Tours From Valencia
Albufera Day Tour
Allbufera is the largest in Spain freshwater lagoon spanning more than 2800 hectares. It is one of the best places to try authentic paella and enjoy a boat tour. Located only 30 minutes from the city, Albufera is one of the most unique Valencia day tours to get the authentic experience of region’s past and traditional food.
Valencia Day Tours to Albufera
- Albufera Day Trip with Boat Tour and Transfer (check availability)
- Albufera Jeep and Boat Tour (check availability)
- Albufera Natural Park Bike and Boat Tour (check availability)
- Albufera Lake, Paella and Birdwatching (check availability)
- Albufera Natural Park with Sunset Experience (check availability)
- Cullera Old Town and Albufera Natural Park (check availability)
Port Saplaya Day Tour
About Port Saplaya
Port Saplaya is one of the most colorful places in Spain, often called Valencia’s Little Venice. Located near the horchata drink capital of Alboraya, Port Saplaya is a must-stop near Valencia. No matter whether you plan to walk around, ride a bike, or do a boat tour – visiting Port Saplaya is always a great idea.
Top Port Saplaya tours
- Port Saplaya Boat Tour with Paella or Drinks (check availability)
- Port Saplaya – self-guided e-bike tour (check availability)
Caves of San Jose Day Tour
About Caves of San Jose
The most unique caves of the Valencian Community are the Caves of San José In the small town of Vall D Uxo. It is one of the popular adventurous day tours from Valencia. The caves are known for being the longest navigable underground river in Europe. It was one of my first getaways across the region of Valencia, right after turning into an expat in Spain. Back then this place was way less touristy and the guides would not allow any pictures inside. But recently, I have returned to the Caves of San Jose with the kids and the little ones were in awe of the whole experience.
Valencia Day Tours to San Jose Caves
- San Jose Caves Tour (check availability)
- From Valencia Private Half Day-Trip to Cuevas de San José (check availability)
Montanejos Day Tour
About Montanejos Hot Springs
Montanejos is one of the most popular day tours from Valencia. In the area, you will find the unique thermal pools Fuentes de los Baños, built by the Moorish king Abu Zeit to ensure the beauty of his queens. With a constant temperature of 23°C throughout the year, the waters of Montanejos are known for their mineral-rich composition. It´s a great place to swim in Spain all year round.
There are a few day tour options to Montanejos, some even include a morning hike.
Let me warn you that Montanejos is usually packed with visitors during the summer months and Spanish holidays. The photo you see was taken in November when I almost had the thermal pools for myself.
Valencia Day Tours to Montanejos
- Montanejos Thermal Springs Adventure (check availability)
- Montanejos Guided Hike with Natural Pools (check availability)
- Montanejos Thermal Springs & Waterfall Day Trip (check availability)
Requena Day Tour
Conveniently located on the road from Madrid to Valencia, Requena is a unique small town to taste local delicatessen of the Valencia region. Besides its unique caves and the secret museum Casa del Arte Mayor de la Seda, the village is known for its wine and cheese.
Valencia day tours to Requena
- Requena Wine Tour with Tastings (check availability)
- Utiel-Requena Cave & Winery Day Trip with Tasting (check availability)
- Utiel-Requena Wine Tour and Traditional Lunch (check availability)
- Requena: 1/2 Day Private Vineyards & Premium Wine Tastings (check availability)
- Guided Cheese Factory Tour with Wine Tasting (check availability)
Xativa Day Tour
The town of Xativa (or Jativa) is one of my favorite Valencia day tour ideas, all thanks to its dreamy Spanish castle. This small town is also known as the birthplace of two Popes of Rome from the famous Borgia family. You can check more details about my visit to Xativa in this post.
Some tours to Xativa also include a visit to the nearest village of Anna and Counts of Cervellón’s Palace, both considered Valencia´s Hidden Gems.
Best Xativa Day Tours from Valencia
- From Valencia Guided Day Trip to Xàtiva and Anna (check availability)
- Xàtiva Private Day Tour (check availability)
The Hanging Bridges of Chulilla Day Tour
The hike of the Hanging Bridges of Chulilla
One of the most popular hiking day tours from Valencia is the route of The Hanging Bridges of Chulilla, it is one of the most famous hikes near Valencia. Since it is poorly connected with Valencia by public transport, the visitors who do not plan to rent a car in Valencia, usually prefer visiting Chulilla on a day tour.
You can find more alternatives for hiking tours from Valencia in my post about Adventurous things to do in Valencia.
Chulilla Day Tours from Valencia
- Walking Tour of the Hanging Bridges of Chulilla (check availability)
- Chulilla Canyon Hike private full day tour (check availability)
- Chulilla and the Hanging Bridges Day Trip (check availability)
- Chulilla: Turia Canyon, Charco Azul, Hanging bridges (check availability)
Peñiscola & Morella Day Tour
About Peniscola and Morella
Peñiscola and Morella are both on the list of the most beautiful villages in Spain. Additionally, Peñiscola is known as an iconic Game of Thrones filming location and Morella is popular for its storybook hilltop location. You can read more about Peñiscola in this post. To learn more about Morella check out this article.
The only drawback of visiting Peñiscola and Morella as Valencia day tours is that it takes at least 2-2.30 hours to reach both. But on the plus side, both small towns are my favorites from all the Valencia Day Tours.
Valencia Day Tours to Peñiscola and Morella
- Morella and Peñíscola Day Trip with Transfers (check availability)
- Private Day Trip to Morella and Peñiscola (check availability)
- Private Morella and Peñíscola Full-Day Trip (check availability)
Bocairente Day Tour
Bocairente (or Bocairent) is one of the most picture-perfect villages in the province of Valencia. You can check more details and photos from my visit in this post.
Valencia Day Tours to Bocairente
- Bocairent and Covetes dels Moros Day Trip (check availability)
- Trip to Historic Bocairent & The Covetes dels Moros Caves (check availability)
- Accommodation: For short stays, I usually book via Agoda, Booking, and Hotellook
- Tours&excursions: My favorites for guided tours are GetYourGuide and Viator
- City breaks&sightseeing: Go City helps to avoid multiple entry fees and paper tickets
- Travel Insurance: find the best trip insurance plans via VisitorsCoverage, EKTA, and Insubuy
- Flights: To find the best deals I like WayAway and Aviasales
- Airport Lounge: Get independent airport lounge access worldwide via Priority Pass
- Train&bus tickets: Currently, I book via RailEurope, Omio, and Busbud
- Car rental: To find the best deals I use Rental Cars, Discover Cars, and GetRentalCar
- Transfers: For individual transfer services I like Kiwitaxi
- For Foodies: Eatwith is great for finding culinary experiences with locals
- Cruise Reviews: To find the best cruise offer I check out Cruise Critic
- Suitcases&Luggage: To eliminate problems of early arrivals/late departures I find helpful Radical Storage
- Compensation for delayed/canceled flights: AirHelp is useful for all flight cancellation or delay claims
- To avoid roaming fees I use Airalo eSIMs around the world
- Budget-friendly stays: Check Hostelworld to find the best deals around the world
- Events: To find the best offers I use Ticketmaster and TicketNetwork
- Renting Bikes: to find motorcycles, scooters, quads, and bicycles I use BikesBooking
- Package Tours: head to CheapOair, Expedia UK, Tourhub, and loveholidays
- For Bloggers: To monetize my blog I use Travelpayouts