One of my favorite cities to go hunting for new delicious eats is definitely New York. Check these 10 New York foods you simply can´t miss!
- This post contains affiliate links from which I earn a commission (at no extra cost to you). For more info, please read my disclosure. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
A foodie in New York
Visiting New York
Whether you plan to visit New York in the fall foliage or dream of NYC Christmas lights, you just cannot ignore the incredible gastronomic arena of this city. So pull up that foodie agenda and start taking notes! Grabbing as many local bites as you possibly can, should be a must for every foodie in New York.
Besides, it’s no secret that one of the best ways to discover the cultural heritage of NYC is through its diverse cuisines. Nevertheless, in recent years, New York has gone far beyond that – nowadays, many unique, original, and innovative dishes originate in the Big Apple. Not only can be Ney York labeled as the center of the world, but it is also currently a top trending kitchen corner on our planet.
Best New York Food Tours
If you want someone in-the-know to take guide thought all best Foodie spots in New York, check one of these unique tours:
- Chinatown and Little Italy Food Tour (check availability)
- Greenwich Village Guided Food Tour (check availability)
- Brownstone Brooklyn Food Tour (check availability)
- The Story of the Lower East Side’s Food Culture (check availability)
- New York City’s Hell’s Kitchen: Walking Food Tour (check availability)
- The Original Cupcake Tour of Greenwich Village (check availability)
Discovering new places
Every year thousands of new places with their unique food offers appear on the map of NYC, so don´t expect a complete list of the best spots – as an expat and huge foodie in New York, I literally keep discovering those every day. Nevertheless, I´ve handpicked a few of my current favorite New York Foods to send your way for this daily dose of deliciousness.
Current favorite New York foods:
1. Bibble & Sip / Matcha cream puff + Matcha Jasmine Latte
2. Lady M Boutique – Gateau Fromage
3. Melt Kraft – Grilled Cheese
4. Dominique Ansel Bakery – Frozen S´more + Cookie Shot
5. Max Brenner – Chocolate Pizza
8. Tompkins Square Bagels – French Toast Bagel with Birthday Cake Cream
9. Morgenstern´s Finest Ice Cream – Coconut Ash Ice Cream
10. Red Eye Grill – Sushi Burger
If you are a foodie and looking for the most mouthwatering eats around the world make sure to check my Pinterest board – Travel and Food.
- Accommodation: For short stays, I usually book via Agoda, Booking, and Hotellook
- Tours&excursions: My favorites for guided tours are GetYourGuide and Viator
- City breaks&sightseeing: Go City helps to avoid multiple entry fees and paper tickets
- Travel Insurance: find the best trip insurance plans via VisitorsCoverage, EKTA, and Insubuy
- Flights: To find the best deals I like WayAway and Aviasales
- Airport Lounge: Get independent airport lounge access worldwide via Priority Pass
- Train&bus tickets: Currently, I book via RailEurope, Omio, and Busbud
- Car rental: To find the best deals I use Rental Cars, Discover Cars, and GetRentalCar
- Transfers: For individual transfer services I like Kiwitaxi
- For Foodies: Eatwith is great for finding culinary experiences with locals
- Cruise Reviews: To find the best cruise offer I check out Cruise Critic
- Suitcases&Luggage: To eliminate problems of early arrivals/late departures I find helpful Radical Storage
- Compensation for delayed/canceled flights: AirHelp is useful for all flight cancellation or delay claims
- To avoid roaming fees I use Airalo eSIMs around the world
- Budget-friendly stays: Check Hostelworld to find the best deals around the world
- Events: To find the best offers I use Ticketmaster and TicketNetwork
- Renting Bikes: to find motorcycles, scooters, quads, and bicycles I use BikesBooking
- Package Tours: head to CheapOair, Expedia UK, Tourhub, and loveholidays
- For Bloggers: To monetize my blog I use Travelpayouts