Haven’t been to Ibiza yet ?! – This is why you probably should. Check out my personal Ibiza Must Do List.
People think Ibiza is only “party all day and all night”. But the truth is that except these rave summer months, Ibiza is a natural paradise all year around. For me, May or September (sometimes even October) are the coolest months to visit, cause the weather is still summer-like and the crowds are not there any more (or not there yet). One way or another, Ibiza is an amazing place to visit. So what shouldn’t you miss?
1. Discover Dalt Villa / The old city of Ibiza
2. Las Dalias /A Hippie Market near Sant Carles de Peralta
3. Sant Antonio /Watch the sunset from the famous Cafe de Mar
Cafe del Mar
4. Try “Bullit de Peix” by the seaside
El Bigotes /Cala Mastella – very local and very romantic
5. Illa es Vedra / The most beautiful sunset ever
When no words are needed
6. Ses Salines / Clouds reflection
These salt flats have been in use for more that 2000 years and if you lucky with the weather – clouds reflection on water is simply stunning!
7. The Paradise Beaches
That´s what Ibiza is famous for, right? My favorites: Cala Comte, Cala Bassa, Cala Salada, Cala Xarraca, Cala d´en Serra, Platja de ses Salines.
- Try the typical dessert “Flao” and Ibiza´s herbal liquor
- Based on a suggestion from a local friend and our own experiences, the restaurants we loved: Sa Caleta, Es boldado, La escollera, El Bigotes, Can Gat, La paloma, S´espartar, Ecocentro (p.s. fine dining in Ibiza is generally expensive) Bars for “tapas”: Bar Can Costa, Bar Anita, Bar San Juan
- Car rental: most companies will charge you a significant deposit, as a guarantee. Make sure you book your car in advance for all of your stay, otherwise they make you pay much more for each extra day
Have you ever been to Ibiza? Which activity from my list would you like to experience the most?