Osho is an indian philosopher and spiritual guru, whose international fame grows even years after his death…
Reading for your soul: Osho
I love Osho books: they are full of wisdom and love for life. However, I do not agree with all of his ideas: for instance his beliefs that we are all polygamous and one-to-one relationship is imposed to us by our society. Maybe, he is right. However, I like more the story that we all have second halfs and people are capable of loving the same person for the rest of our lives. If you both grow and evolve – you could fall in love with the same person all over again, just because you both change.
Nevertheless, Osho´s books definitely made me travel to deeper levels of my subconsciousness and realize things I´ve never thought of before. If you never read any of his books, start with “Love, Freedom, Aloneness”.
Some of my favorite Osho quotes:
- “Listen to your being. It is continuously giving you hints; it is a still, small voice. It does not shout at you, that is true. And if you are a little silent you will start feeling your way. Be the person you are. Never try to be another, and you will become mature. Maturity is accepting the responsibility of being oneself, whatsoever the cost. Risking all to be oneself, that’s what maturity is all about.”
- “Be realistic: Plan for a miracle.”
- “Each person comes into this world with a specific destiny – he has something to fulfill, some message has to be delivered, some work has to be completed. You are not here accidentally – you are here meaningfully. There is a purpose behind you. The whole intends to do something through you.”
- “I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that’s why it is growing; if it was perfect it would have been dead. Growth is possible only if there is imperfection.”
- “The real question is not whether life exists after death. The real question is whether you are alive before death.”
- “Nobody is superior, nobody is inferior, but nobody is equal either. People are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am I. I have to contribute my potential to life; you have to contribute your potential to life. I have to discover my own being; you have to discover your own being.”
- “When I say be creative I don’t mean that you should all go and become great painters and great poets. I simply mean let your life be a painting, let your life be a poem.”
- “Help the world to become better. Don’t leave the world just the same as you have found it – make it a little better, make it a little more beautiful.”